Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tall people were not built to fly

After 23 hours on 3 planes I have finally arrived in Berlin. I was disappointed to note that on my flights we did not have individual screens. So, I had no choice but to sit through Inkheart, Bride Wars, New in Town and then..........Inkheart again! grrrrr oh yeah, I nearly forgot to mention that I had to pay for alcoholic beverages on the first flight! grrrrrrr again

perhaps what was more annoying than the movie and booze situation was the fact that my legs didn't fit. Not only could I not straighten them, but I couldn't bring my legs up to form a right angle with my knees without inserting them well into the seat in front of me. And that was before he reclined! My poor pins were forced to spend the majority of the flight in a pergatory for legs as if waiting for their god to decide which way to send them. I have decided that I am not coming back to australia until I can afford Business class, or when I can feel my toes again, whichever comes first.

One pleasant and quite amusing aspect of the flight was the amount of cowboys on the flight who wore their cowboy hats the entire flight. There was also one gentleman (term used quite loosely) who was wearing a teddy bear hat. Now I know some of you are probably picturing a teddy bear attached to a hat, but you would be wrong. This man (who looked like Vin Diesel's younger, but no less scary, brother was wearing a teddy bear AS a hat. The teddy was lying on its stomach with its front legs hanging just in front of the guys ears and its head resting just above his forehead. I noticed him in the lounge before boarding and assumed he was goofing around. I am still not sure that he wasn't, but if he was, he was certainly very committed to the gag. I was also interested to observe that when he went to sleep on the plane he pulled little Ted forward a bit so that his paws were dangling in front of his eyes - Hat/sleep mask and toy for the kiddies all rolled into one - I gotta get me one!

2 comments:

  1. hey hey charlie k ... glad to hear you made it there safe ... love the blog ... looking forward to reading about your adventures ... mog

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi chuck .. lovin the blog, keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete