Thursday, June 4, 2009

Berlin: First impressions

I have only been here for 3 day but I'm already going to join everyone else and say...."Ich Liebe Berlin!". The first think that struck me was just how many people ride bikes here (The second was how strange it is to see no one wearing helmets). My bike arrives in a few days and I think I will head to a quite area near home and practice riding on the wrong side of the road for a while before I unleash myself on the city - It has taken me four days to stop looking the wrong way as I step out to cross the road. I can't wait to get on the bike and start exploring the city properly.

Other things that I think are fabbo about this city (and Germany in general) are: The Sausage, the Bread, the Beer (you can pick up a case of 20 500ml bottles for 8 euro (16 aussie dollars) and its great beer too. Wine is also really cheap - A very drinkable bottle might set you back somewhere between 2 and 4 euros.......I think I've died and gone to heaven.

Tonight I stopped off at the supermarket on the way home from class and picked up a couple of beers, a loaf of georgous Schwarzbrot (black bread) and some cheese and sausage and I don't think there is much better than that combination for a ripper quick meal.

My brain is hurting after another full on class. I have skipped a level from the one I did last in Sydney so I'm feeling a little under the pump. I think its better to be like this than comfortable though. We were given a few hours worth of homework tonight so I'm going leave this post there and get cracking on it.

C

1 comment:

  1. at first ... i really liked the idea of this blog ... now i am getting more and more jealous ... sounds great chuck ... show us some photos!

    ReplyDelete