Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ich liebe Berlin

I was having lunch at the small cafe across the road from the Goethe Institute where I am studying and noticed the following...


if you're eyesight is on the downward slide here is a closer shot...


Thats right - for the last 3 weeks there has been a clothes line running from the top of a street sign to a power pole!

I can't stop thinking about this clothes line! Who put it there? How long has it been there? Why is this person interested only in having dry socks? Is someone wandering around in wet undies, too embarrassed to hang them on the line?

I fear that I am destined to see out my days never finding the answers to these important questions!

On another note - Tonight (as many other nights since I've been here) I have enjoyed a dinner of fabulous ingredients cobbled together from my local deli. I throw it together, sit on my balcony with a beer purchased at the newsagent (YES - you can by beer in the newsagents here!). Tomato, Cheese, Amazing Salami, Olives, Gurkins, and great German Bread!



Not long till I leave Berlin - 2 more days of class and then perhaps some celebratory beverages as I say aufwiedersehn to my newly made friends.

Then - on to Köln and Chapter 2 of my German adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment