Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sourdough Croissants and a new visa

After being told by 3 different people at various immigration offices that I wasn't eligible for an unrestricted work visa until I had been here 5 years, I finally found someone who referred me to the right person who knew what she was doing.  So now, after 4 trips in one week to various different offices I have been granted an unrestricted work visa - for the last three years I have had to go to immigration every time I was offered a contract, and then wait 6-8 weeks for the permission to work. I am now allowed to do any job I want, or, I will when I actually get the stamp in my passport (which may take another couple of weeks).

In celebration I decided to make some Croissants (and a few Petit pain au Chocolat) on the weekend,   Sourdough of course...



I always knew that Croissants weren't particularly healthy but it wasn't until making them that I realised just how unhealthy they are!


This is a photo of the dough after I had it had rested in the fridge overnight.  It is layers of butter and dough (which also has butter in it)





After rolling the above dough out I then cut it into triangles











and then left them to proof for a while












They went beautifully with an espresso and some home made Rasberry Jam given to us by our good friend Maike.  The perfect sunday brekky!


YUM!

Check out the recipe here




1 comment:

  1. woop woop .. congrats on the visa! :) great news. .. and the croisants .. yummmmmm! the photos reminded me of when i first saw them being made at the chocolatier / patisserie 'cacao' of the road from us in fitzroy st in st kilda ... one of those 'ah ha' moments ..

    ReplyDelete